RE: Problem with my XP system - Question

Subject: RE: Problem with my XP system - Question
From: "Al Geist" <al -at- geistarts -dot- com>
To: "'Jim Jones'" <han4yu3 -at- gmail -dot- com>, "'Techwr-l'" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 27 Dec 2013 14:56:48 -0500

Jim Jones asked:

>>Also - final end-of-life for XP comes in just a few months and I'm not
sure how that has any bearing on my current state.<<

Final end-of-life for XP only means that Microsoft will no longer support
this operating system. It doesn't mean that everything stops on systems that
have it installed. As for your other problems, they may have been caused by
"bumping/unplugging" the unit as it was loading the OS if the unit in
question is a desktop. Laptops have batteries. If the battery was charged,
unplugging the laptop while the OS is loading should have no effect.
Depending how hard the unit was bumped could affect the hard drive and thus
HD, do it and reinstall the OS, because it sounds like the Recovery Disk
isn't recovering. Hopefully, you also have copies of the Service Packs.

Hope this helps.

Al Geist-Geist Arts
Fine Art Photography
Mobile: 231-301-5770
E-mail: al -at- geistarts -dot- com
Website: www.geistarts.com
Facebook: Geist Arts
See Also:
Technical Communication, Help, Documentation Management

"We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used to
create them." (Albert Einstein)

Learn more: http://bit.ly/ZeOZeQ