icon to indicate a feature is different on different products

Subject: icon to indicate a feature is different on different products
From: "rebecca officer" <rebecca -dot- officer -at- alliedtelesis -dot- co -dot- nz>
To: <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 30 Oct 2013 18:40:19 +1300

Hi everyone

I'm prototyping a large manual that covers a bunch of similar products.

Some features are missing from some products, and some are on all products but behave differently.

I'd like to mark both of these cases these with an icon, to highlight to readers that there are differences. Just a visual cue that says "this feature isn't the same on all products!"

Does anyone know if there's an industry-standard icon I should use for this? I googled but didn't find one.

Thanks very much
Rebecca

notify Allied Telesis Labs Ltd immediately.
be the views of Allied Telesis Labs.

Learn more: http://bit.ly/ZeOZeQ