Anybody using...

Subject: Anybody using...
From: "McLauchlan, Kevin" <Kevin -dot- McLauchlan -at- safenet-inc -dot- com>
To: "techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 17 Oct 2013 11:10:35 -0400

TheWacom Cintiq Companion (full Windows 8 tablet) or the Cintiq Companion Hybrid?

Comments?
Reviews?

I've wanted to be able to sketch and draw stuff with a "pencil" for a long time, but never justified an Intuos.
Now, I "need" a tablet. :-)

I was looking at a next-gen iPad with a stylus, but that has limitations. My home laptop is an old MacBook Pro, but my work is on Windows 7. The Cintiq Companion looks ideal, except the price. The Hybrid looks interesting, but it's an Android device, that I don't see having support for common tools, and I don't want it to be a toy, for coarse cartooning only, when not connected to a "real" computer.

On the third hand, either one is way huge for a tablet, which is what I'd want it to be at least half the time.
On the fourth hand (where do all these hands come from...) I don't often stand to hold a tablet or reader, so the bulk and weight in my lap or on a table, would be a small concern.

or disclosing it.

Learn more: http://bit.ly/ZeOZeQ