Re: seen this? A Survey of U.S. Certificate Programs in Technical Communication

Subject: Re: seen this? A Survey of U.S. Certificate Programs in Technical Communication
From: David Farbey <dfarbey -at- yahoo -dot- co -dot- uk>
To: Milan Davidović <milan -dot- lists -at- gmail -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 16 Sep 2013 11:13:27 +0100

Thanks for sharing this article.

While the article is somewhat esoteric and inward-looking, it does indicate
that technical communication education at university level is recognised
and widespread in the United States, even if that education is sometimes
poorly defined and poorly executed.

If similar research were to be undertaken in Europe it would find that
technical communication education at university level is quite rare, and in
the UK in particular it is almost non-existent. Personally, I would welcome
even poorly defined and poorly executed technical communication education.

Disclosure: I am an Associate Lecturer (part-time instructor) for Sheffield
Hallam University's 3-year distance-learning MA in Technical Communication
programme, which is no longer accepting new enrollments, though existing
students may continue until they complete their studies.

David

David Farbey - david -at- farbey -dot- co -dot- uk
Mobile 07538 420 800
http://about.me/davidfarbey