Subject: TechWhirl: Technical Communication Recap for September 13 2013
From: TechWhirl Admin <admin -at- techwhirl -dot- com>
To: Techwr-l <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 13 Sep 2013 10:50:27 -0400

“Crazy Busy”—not just another clever bit of slang or tweetable moment. It’s
a totally accurate depiction of what’s going on at and with TechWhirl this
week… well actually for the last several weeks. Of course the big news is
the launch of the TechWhirl Community Forums, which has been a dream of
ours since we took over TechWhirl in 2011. The stars finally aligned
(Voyager 1 has been too busy leaving the solar system to record the event
for posterity), along with a boost from Doc-to-Help underwriting the
migration, and we now have a platform that allows us to join the best of
all our worlds—conversation and commentary among tech comm and content pros.

The launch of the Forums would not be complete without a new Users’
Advocate from Mark Baker, providing his usual terrific source of comment
and debate. At the same time, we announce our team for covering LavaCon
2013, and provided a great overview of why you need to visit the city of
roses (Portland, OR) in October. And we announced a partnership with SOAP!
The Technical Communication Conference in Krakow Poland on October 3. These
events give us a chance to assist the tech comm and content management
community, along with new sources of information, perspectives and best
practices.

It’s also important to pause for a while and reflect on the world-changing
events of 12 years ago. So take some time to remember the fallen and
cherish those around you.

Have a great weekend!

-Connie and the gang at TechWhirl
In Case You Missed it: This Week @ TechWhirl

*New features and articles on http://TechWhirl.com <http://techwhirl.com/>**
:*

- Tech Writer This Week for September 12, 2013 | http://bit.ly/1e5zGx0
- LavaCon Conference 2013 Experience — Go From Tactical to Holistic for
Content Strategy | http://bit.ly/14DGHSC
- Users’ Advocate: You Can’t Please Everyone, by Mark Baker |
http://bit.ly/1axQLPI
- Announcing the TechWhirl Community Forum | http://bit.ly/1evswRa

*More on TechWhirl Community Forums and other stuff:*

- The LavaCon 2013 SWU Team | http://bit.ly/1eDwEyP
- Discussions, Comments and Activities – Monitoring the Action |
http://bit.ly/15pMtWn
http://bit.ly/15pMzgH

*Technical Communication news on
http://TechWhirl.com/news<http://techwhirl.com/news>
:*

- Adobe Technical Communication Suite Release Plans Announced |
http://ow.ly/2zPjJX
- LinguaSys Offers Sentiment -at- Work for Analytics in 15 Languages |
http://ow.ly/2zOMZ6
- Unisys Announces SaaS Version of InfoImage Enterprise Content
Management Solution | http://ow.ly/2zNTK0

Social Media and the Chance to Follow TechWhirl:

- Our Google Plus Page – what’s happening behind the scenes |
http://goo.gl/SO0R4
- Will you be our Friend? Please, you know you want to click |
http://goo.gl/tDrW7
- Want all this TechWhirl goodness a few characters @ a time |
http://goo.gl/itjDg
- Updates from TechWhirl delivered to your email in box |
http://bit.ly/tjshxU
- Or, try our RSS feed (great on Flipboard) | http://goo.gl/msLzu

SPONSOR-Luv

We want to send a very special “thank you” to our sponsors for their
support.

*Platinum*: Adobe Systems
Incorporated<http://www.runaware.com/clients/adobe/techsuite/>

*Gold: *ComponentOne Software <http://bit.ly/doc-to-help>,* *Madcap
Software<http://www.madcapsoftware.com/products/flare/overview.aspx#whatsnew>
**

*Silver*: Vancouver Island University
<http://pr.viu.ca/techcomm/>

<http://pr.viu.ca/techcomm/>

Online Magazine and Discussions for Today's Tech Writer

Follow TechWhirl on
Twitter: @TechWriterToday
Facebook: <http://pr.viu.ca/techcomm/>facebook.com/techwriterlist
Google+: plus.ly/TechWhirl