Subject: TechWhirl: Technical Communication Recap for August 30
From: TechWhirl Admin <admin -at- techwhirl -dot- com>
To: Techwr-l <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 30 Aug 2013 12:16:05 -0400

Got any plans for the weekend that don’t involve driving, grilling, or
saying goodbye to Summer? Take a look around TechWhirl and catch up on your
reading, enter our contest to become a LavaCon 2013
writer<http://company.techwhirl.com/2013/08/writers-wanted-lavacon-conference-2013/>,
vote in the current poll, download a template, enjoy a summer rerun on
eBooks, and get some tips and tricks in our newest column, The Help Files,
from our own Duct Tape Writer, Craig Cardimon.

There’s always a good debate going on over at the email discussion
list<http://techwr-l.com/>,
particularly if, this week, you're interested in FrameMaker master pages,
the relative usefulness of tables of figures, doing multi-boots, proper use
of em and en dashes, or answering question on opening movies in windows.
Top it off with some nice curated goodness from other wonderful spots on
the web in Tech Writer This Week.

Have a great weekend!

-Connie and the gang at TechWhirl
In Case You Missed it: This Week @ TechWhirl

*New features and articles on http://TechWhirl.com <http://techwhirl.com/>**
:*

- Tech Writer This Week for August 29, 2013 | http://bit.ly/192rdFz
- The Help Files: Linking In, Emailing Out, and Getting Down with
Note-Taking, by Craig Cardimon | http://bit.ly/15wKrTP
- Template Tuesday: Release Notes Template by Rachel Houghton |
http://bit.ly/12FIpzN
- Summer Rerun: Building E-Books: A Tool Overview for Technical Writers
| http://bit.ly/M45AKc
- Writers Wanted for LavaCon | http://bit.ly/17eO69k
- The Future of Printed and Bound Books (Poll) | http://bit.ly/1dnIxbv

*Technical Communication news on
http://TechWhirl.com/news<http://techwhirl.com/news>
:*

- Study Finds Omni-Channel Service Important for Improving Customer
Experience | http://ow.ly/2ztZPj
- Welocalize Releases GlobalSight 8.5, with OmegaT Translation Memory
Application| http://ow.ly/2zt00s

Social Media and the Chance to Follow TechWhirl:

- Our Google Plus Page – what’s happening behind the scenes |
http://goo.gl/SO0R4
- Will you be our Friend? Please, you know you want to click |
http://goo.gl/tDrW7
- Want all this TechWhirl goodness a few characters @ a time |
http://goo.gl/itjDg
- Updates from TechWhirl delivered to your email in box |
http://bit.ly/tjshxU
- Or, try our RSS feed (great on Flipboard) | http://goo.gl/msLzu

SPONSOR-Luv

We want to send a very special “thank you” to our sponsors for their
support.

*Platinum*: Adobe Systems
Incorporated<http://www.runaware.com/clients/adobe/techsuite/>

*Gold: *ComponentOne Software <http://bit.ly/doc-to-help>,* *Madcap
Software<http://www.madcapsoftware.com/products/flare/overview.aspx#whatsnew>
**

*Silver*: Vancouver Island University <http://pr.viu.ca/techcomm/>

Online Magazine and Discussions for Today's Tech Writer

Follow TechWhirl on
Twitter: @TechWriterToday
Facebook: facebook.com/techwriterlist
Google+: plus.ly/TechWhirl