Re: Confirm before Cancel, Back before Next.

Subject: Re: Confirm before Cancel, Back before Next.
From: Tony Chung <tonyc -at- tonychung -dot- ca>
To: yehoshua paul <ysp10182 -at- gmail -dot- com>
Date: Sun, 25 Aug 2013 10:52:15 -0700

I think rather than think of Confirm as the equivalent of Next, think more
in terms of the context of Confirm and Next.

When a user presses Confirm, the user expects the settings are saved and
the page/dialog returns to the place where the user was. In this case,
Confirm is the desired action, and Cancel is the "oops, I didn't want to be
here".

When a user presses Next, the user expects the settings are saved for this
screen, and the user will advance to the next screen for more
settings. In this case, Back is always on the Left (unless you are in a RTL
reading locale).

If this isn't how the interface is designed, then you have more problems
than just an interface problem.

-Tony

--
Email: tonyc -at- tonychung -dot- ca