Re: Is a new firmware version a "feature"?

Subject: Re: Is a new firmware version a "feature"?
From: Lauren <lauren -at- writeco -dot- net>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
Date: Thu, 08 Aug 2013 11:50:41 -0700

I had to put that mess in Word and collapse it to show only the headings to know what I was looking at. <sigh>

I think the best way to persuade your colleague is to doodle out both formats on a white board with each heading being represented by an object, like a circle, with a larger object for the higher level headings and the lower level headings grouped with the higher ones.

Your colleague's option looks convoluted at the third level headings but very concise with the lists of features that require and don't require the specific firmware, while format runs the risk of being too lengthy for people who want a quick breakdown. I like the quick breakdown with the lists and I like your format of explaining each of the features in separate sections. I would use an introduction with a breakdown, probably a table with the lists in columns and then go to what you got for the detailed discussion.

On 8/8/2013 8:28 AM, McLauchlan, Kevin wrote:

My co-techwriter thinks the fact of having a new firmware version for a product is a "feature".

I argue that it is not.

Learn more: http://bit.ly/ZeOZeQ