Re: [External] Re: SharePoint question

Subject: Re: [External] Re: SharePoint question
From: "William Sherman" <bsherman77 -at- embarqmail -dot- com>
To: <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>, "Peter Neilson" <neilson -at- windstream -dot- net>
Date: Fri, 26 Jul 2013 23:55:11 -0400

I always think back to a story a guy I worked with told about working on McDonnell Douglas F4 Phantom manuals.

Coworker asked him to review a column in a tech order.

"blah, blah, blah

What the h__, no one reads this ___ anyway." without the blanks, of course.

The document had the potential to be 5 to 10 years old, written in a time when writers wrote with pencils, someone typed the pencil copy, a typing pool typed it on data entry, a data entry copy editor reviewed what they entered against the original copy, and then it went to QA for their review. Eventually it went to the USAF for review, and finally into the field.

Obviously, the original writer was correct with his description.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Peter Neilson" <neilson -at- windstream -dot- net>