Re: looking for - serial comma cartoon, in public domain

Subject: Re: looking for - serial comma cartoon, in public domain
From: Gregory P Sweet <gps03 -at- health -dot- state -dot- ny -dot- us>
To: Monique Semp <monique -dot- semp -at- earthlink -dot- net>
Date: Tue, 9 Jul 2013 12:29:14 -0400

<snip>
> Iâd like to include a cartoon, but Iâm artistically challenged, and
> so am looking for one online that is in the public domain or
> otherwise legal to use without violating any copyright.
</snip>

Many more artists are willing to work in a royalty free capacity than in
the public doamin so change your search slightly and look for royalty free
instead of public domain. You can often get pics very cheap ($2-3 for preso
size images) and they are typically legal to use in any for-profit venture.
Check the license carefully though as some place limis on number of copies,
amount of profit, etc.. Even if you don't find specifically the cartoon
you want, you most likely will be able to find images to create the visual
you want very quickly. Most services will permit you to download comps so
you can see if the visual will work before you purchase. I've had great
luck with 123RF in the past.

If that doesn't work, search for a meme/ecard generator to create the
cartoon you want. Stuff like http://www.hetemeel.com/einsteinform.php can
let you come up with creative stuff very quickly.

Cheers!

-Greg

Learn more: http://bit.ly/ZeOZeQ