PowerPoint (2007) heading list level styles

Subject: PowerPoint (2007) heading list level styles
From: "Monique Semp" <monique -dot- semp -at- earthlink -dot- net>
To: "TechWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 5 Jul 2013 14:12:59 -0700

Hello, WR-L-ers, (and x-posted with the STC LW SIG),

Short question:

In PowerPoint (2007), can you have two list levels that have bullets at the same indent level, but have different space before/after?

Iâd have thought so, but itâs not working for me. Iâm trying to have two list levels that are at the same âindentâ level, but have different spacing. This way, bullets whose text is a single line can be more closely spaced than bullets whose text spans 2 or more lines, and thereby improve visual layout. (I do this in Word with âbullet multi-lineâ and âbullet single-lineâ styles.)

Yes, I could simply override the spacing of paras on individual slides, but that defeats the point of having levels properly defined on the master slide. And then if I want to make a global change by properly revising the styles on the master slide, they wonât all automatically be applied to individual slides that have custom overrides.

---

More explanation:

Iâve pretty much tamed my PowerPoint styles: level 1 is the main body-level text, level 2 is bullet-under-body, level 3 is text-under-bullet, and levels 4 & 5 are similarly indent bullet and text-under-indent-bullet. Which aligns sort of like the following (if spaces donât get totally munged by the list):

Level-1 â main body-level text

* Level-2 â bullet under body

Level-3 â text para under bullet

* Level-4 â indent bullet

Level-5 â text para under indent bullet

This is working great, and all I have to do is click the Increase/Decrease List Level buttons in the Home ribbonâs Paragraph group.

But when I try to add a âLevel-2.5â â that is, add a level in-between Level-2 and Level-3, and then demote everything from Level-3-5 down so that itâs Level4-6 â not only does it seem impossible to have two levels with bullets that look the same but with different spacing, a bunch of other things go hay wire.

Any advice?

-Monique

Learn more: http://bit.ly/ZeOZeQ