Re: Back to SGML (ugh) after yrs of XML - AF TOs - State of the > Zoo Qs (Robert Williams)

Subject: Re: Back to SGML (ugh) after yrs of XML - AF TOs - State of the > Zoo Qs (Robert Williams)
From: Liz Fraley <liz -at- caltonia -dot- com>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
Date: Fri, 21 Jun 2013 09:34:33 -0700

I got this in the digest, and saw the cross-post on adepters. I
thought I'd post my response here as well, so anyone searching the
archives will come across the answer.

Cheers,
Liz

---------My answer:

We've had many, many inquiries just like this. I got a look at the
print FOSI and, IIRC, it showed intensive use of Datalogics extensions
which means Print Composer won't give you the PDF you want without a
whole lot of work. The Authoring/Editing in Arbortext works fine (and
yes, there's no screen fosi, but, unlike the print fosi, this is
pretty simple to fix - PTC, us, or, really, any of the Arbortext
partners can do that for you, or you can do it yourself in a couple of
hours with Styler + eLearning).

Cheers,
Liz

Learn more: http://bit.ly/ZeOZeQ