Re: PDF from Word - unwanted headings in bookmarks

Subject: Re: PDF from Word - unwanted headings in bookmarks
From: "Monique Semp" <monique -dot- semp -at- earthlink -dot- net>
To: "Combs, Richard" <richard -dot- combs -at- Polycom -dot- com>, "TechWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 22 May 2013 11:34:39 -0700

I'm not sure what that last sentence means. If you select Acrobat > Preferences and go to the Bookmarks tab, what are the Bookmark Options settings? If Convert Word Headings to Bookmarks is checked, all heading levels become bookmarks (as indicated in the element list below). Uncheck that setting, and then check only Heading 1 and Heading 2 (or whatever you want) in the element list. Click OK and create a new PDF. Does it work now?

Yes, this is what I do. And I first uncheck the setting, and then when I select just the headings I want, the box gets blue highlighted to show that some headings are selected but not all. And this is how things have always looked, for previously successful PDF creations from Word.

So that's not it...
From our sponsor Doc-to-Help: Want to see a Doc-To-Help web-based Help sample with DISQUS for user commenting?

Learn more: http://bit.ly/13xpg5n