Tracking and storing blog posts

Subject: Tracking and storing blog posts
From: "Janoff, Steven" <Steven -dot- Janoff -at- ga -dot- com>
To: "techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 8 May 2013 16:34:58 -0700

Hi Whirlers,

Wondering if you can help me with what I believe is a tech comm challenge.

A friend of mine has a blog and I am helping him by editing and storing the blog posts and tracking whether or not they are posted/published.

I am trying to figure out a software solution that will help me do the following:

1) Store the original (unedited) version of the post as well as the edited, ready-for-publication version (occasionally there are 2 or 3 edited versions but usually just an original and one edited version)

2) Track whether each post has been edited or not yet edited

3) Track whether each post has been published (posted to the blog) or not yet published

That's it. Currently about 50 or 60 posts in the hopper (about half have been published), and could grow to hundreds.

I don't have any contact with the person who runs the blog site or actually publishes the posts -- I provide the edited posts in raw text form and it goes off from there. For various business reasons we're keeping these roles separate.

I'm thinking some kind of content repository.

I appreciate your thoughts with this.

Thanks,

Steve

PS - My current system is to store the posts in text files and try to organize by folders and also track via draft numbers in the filename but that's a losing proposition and I'm also losing track of which ones have been posted/not posted since I have to check those against the blog. The current system is just not working. I need something clean and efficient. Thanks again.

Learn more: http://bit.ly/13xpg5n