RE: keyboard recommendations?

Subject: RE: keyboard recommendations?
From: "John Allred" <john2 -at- allrednet -dot- com>
To: "'David Crosswell'" <davidcrosswell -at- internode -dot- on -dot- net>, <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 7 May 2013 09:59:14 -0500

I've seen the DVORAK keyboard conversation come up several times over the
years, but I never bothered to try it out till now. Windows allows you to
set it up so that you can select DVORAK or QWERTY on an app by app basis
from a desktop icon. It took me about ten minutes to figure out how to set
it up.

I placed a map of the keyboard on my desktop for reference and began typing
random sentences. My first response is WOW! My fingers barely had to move
from the home keys. Having all the vowels under one hand on the home keys is
brilliant. Anyone who has claimed efficiency studies for DVORAK are bogus is
just determined to refuse the evidence of their senses. I believe I could
learn this layout in far fewer hours than the 52 or so that I saw estimated.

Once you set it up, you can select the new layout at will. I urge you Whrlrs
to give it a try for yourself. Why not approach it as a documentation
project?

John