Subject: TechWhirl: Technical Communication Recap for April 26, 2013
From: TechWhirl Admin <admin -at- techwhirl -dot- com>
To: Techwr-l <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 26 Apr 2013 16:23:06 -0400

Spring fashion trends rarely have a technology bent to them, but it seems
as though this year will be a bit different. We’ve been reading scads of
stories on the iWatch, the Pebble, and Google Glass, so wearable computers
are the latest happening thing. Which is why we posted a new technical
communication poll on whether wearable computers will impact tech
comm<http://techwhirl.com/tech-comm-poll-will-wearable-computers-change-tech-comm/>.
It has sparked some fascinating discussions both on the email
list<http://techwr-l.com/> and
in the comments section of the poll introduction. You’re welcome to
continue the discussion and take it in some new directions, and do cast
your vote as well.

Craig Cardimon, our own Duct Tape Writer, curates Tech Writer This
Week<http://techwhirl.com/tech-writer-this-week-for-april-25-2013/>,
and as an added bonus, provides a thumbs-up review on Marcia Riefer
Johnson’s new book, Word
Up!<http://techwhirl.com/book-review-word-up-goldmine-writing-wisdom/>.
We invite you to check out both articles, and remember to join us for the
Fast 5 interview with Marcia on Tuesday, April 30, at12 pm (EDT). Two lucky
participants will receive an autographed copy of Word Up! You can tweet
your questions before or during the video chat using #TWFast5.

For those of you in the Northern hemisphere, we hope you get to enjoy the
glorious spring weather, with minimal disruption from the last of those
April showers.

Have a great weekend!

-Connie and the gang at TechWhirl
In Case You Missed it: This Week @ TechWhirl

*New features and articles on http://TechWhirl.com <http://techwhirl.com/>**
:*

- Tech Writer This Week, April 18, 2013, by Craig Cardimon |
http://bit.ly/15JFNTV
- Book Review: “Word Up!” Is a Goldmine of Easy and Fun Writing Wisdom,
by Craig Cardimon | http://bit.ly/17ibp0G
- Technical Communication Poll: Will Wearable Computers Change Tech
Comm? | http://bit.ly/ZGTT10

*Technical Communication news on
http://TechWhirl.com/news<http://techwhirl.com/news>
:*

- ANCILE uPerform™ 5 Accelerates Training Programs Across the Enterprise
| http://ow.ly/2wrLii
- Infor Announces Infor Learning Management | http://ow.ly/2wqD6m

Social Media and the Chance to Follow TechWhirl:

- Our Google Plus Page – what’s happening behind the scenes |
http://goo.gl/SO0R4
- Will you be our Friend? Please, you know you want to click |
http://goo.gl/tDrW7
- Want all this TechWhirl goodness a few characters @ a time |
http://goo.gl/itjDg
- Updates from TechWhirl delivered to your email in box |
http://bit.ly/tjshxU
- Or, try our RSS feed (great on Flipboard) | http://goo.gl/msLzu

SPONSOR-Luv

We want to send a very special “thank you” to our sponsors for their
support.

*Platinum*: Adobe Systems
Incorporated<http://www.runaware.com/clients/adobe/techsuite/>

*Gold: *ComponentOne Software <http://bit.ly/doc-to-help>,* *Madcap
Software<http://www.madcapsoftware.com/products/flare/overview.aspx#whatsnew>
**

*Silver*: Vancouver Island University <http://pr.viu.ca/techcomm/>

Online Magazine and Discussions for Today's Tech Writer

Follow TechWhirl on
Twitter: @TechWriterToday
Facebook: facebook.com/techwriterlist
Google+: plus.ly/TechWhirl