Re: Dreamweaver and .asp files -

Subject: Re: Dreamweaver and .asp files -
From: Roberta Hennessey <rahennessey -at- gmail -dot- com>
To: Gregory P Sweet <gps03 -at- health -dot- state -dot- ny -dot- us>
Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2013 09:28:29 -0400

Gregory,

What I am looking for is a WYSIWYG editor that saves me time. FrontPage is
such a time sink and I find it very hard to visually scan the code to find
potential errors. I upload the .asp file to a server without even seeing
the CSS file, and it is then transferred into an application. What I don't
have is the full option to view the file to see if it displays correctly in
the environment where it is used.

I was hoping if I had a good tool, I could beg for the CSS and a sample
environment (more customized adjustments to the environment) and then at
least when I make edits I would have a better grasp if the file was going
to display correctly. Now I view it in html and it looks fine, but then all
the other elements come into play and I find myself spending hours going
through tickets and viewing FP code to see where the potential errors might
be (and they may not be my errors either).

Bobbi

so I really don't get a full view of the whole "picture."

marking

So funny you should mention Visual Studio as an editor. We just discovered
this capability this week.

Learn more: http://bit.ly/13xpg5n