Subject: TECHWR-L Premium Jobs, Events, and Announcements
From: TechWhirl Advertising <advertising -at- techwhirl -dot- com>
To: TechWr-l Lists <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Sat, 13 Apr 2013 16:41:34 -0500

Posted on Saturday, April 13, 2013

posting is sent daily directly to all list members to help underwrite the
costs of the list (just as ads in a newspaper, magazine, or journal
underwrite the costs of those publications).

In this posting, look for the following:

* Latest Articles on Tech Writer Today Magazine

* Adobe News of the Month

* News, Webinars and Blogs of the month

* April 11 – 10AM PAC Webinar - FrameMaker

* May 3 – Adobe Day @STC Summit

* Sponsored Posts

* Meet MadWorld 2013 Presenters: Paul Stoecklein

* Magic with Adobe FrameMaker: Structured and unstructured content
and DITA

* STC New England Annual Conference 2013 Registration

* Latest Jobs on Tech Comm Jobs

* Latest Tech Comm News

Every week TechWhirl publishes articles, news, and events focusing on
technical communications and technical writing.

Latest Articles (http://techwhirl.com):

* What to call a group of #techwriters <http://hootsuite.com/dashboard>? Is
it fun being a bilingual TW? Check out the
#TechComm<http://hootsuite.com/dashboard> Recap
|http://bit.ly/XHwKju <http://t.co/uizmvG6cXZ>

* Time for a little #TechWriter <http://hootsuite.com/dashboard> This Week,
#techcomm <http://hootsuite.com/dashboard>#UX<http://hootsuite.com/dashboard>
and #content <http://hootsuite.com/dashboard> strategy goodness | http://
bit.ly/Yf48Jt <http://t.co/QFGSqSaNIn>

* Vote in our new poll on the roles that
#techcomm<http://hootsuite.com/dashboard>should
take in enterprise content management |
http://bit.ly/ZhK9tI<http://t.co/M5Rd4pRGYk>
| #ECM <http://hootsuite.com/dashboard>

* Planning a #techcomm <http://hootsuite.com/dashboard> or
#contentstrategy<http://hootsuite.com/dashboard> event?
Please add it to our new Event Calendar |
http://ow.ly/jW9eb<http://t.co/eFc7dIojDs>

* Being a bilingual #techwriter <http://hootsuite.com/dashboard> can be
hard, but adds value to your organization |
http://bit.ly/10vV1Hc<http://t.co/NxETgs2sna>
| #ESL <http://hootsuite.com/dashboard>#localization<http://hootsuite.com/dashboard>

* Look back on a big week with the
#TechComm<http://hootsuite.com/dashboard>Recap
on Techwhirl | http://bit.ly/16xxFkV <http://t.co/LeTAif5Bbf> |
#AFD13<http://hootsuite.com/dashboard>
#techwriter <http://hootsuite.com/dashboard>

* Enjoy a wide range of April fresh #techcomm<http://hootsuite.com/dashboard>
#contentstrategy <http://hootsuite.com/dashboard> and
#UX<http://hootsuite.com/dashboard> commentary
in #TechWriter <http://hootsuite.com/dashboard> This Week | http://
bit.ly/XRw2iJ <http://t.co/d6NsANPNJz>

* Come hear the Father of #FrameMaker <http://hootsuite.com/dashboard> speak
at #Adobe <http://hootsuite.com/dashboard> Day 2013 (Sunday 5 of May b/f
#STC13 <http://hootsuite.com/dashboard>bit.ly/Ad0beDay<http://t.co/KnjyXDaRmH>
#techcomm <http://hootsuite.com/dashboard>
#contentstrategy<http://hootsuite.com/dashboard>

Adobe News of the Month

We launched a digital campaign on http://www.dowriteright.com for technical
writers who want a more powerful authoring tool than Word.

There are also a lot of conversations on social platforms (Facebook,
LinkedIn and Twitter) on the same subject – search for #WriteRight to join
the conversation!

*News of the Month*

The Adobe Day preparations are back in full swing as we put together a
great ensemble of speakers and experts. If you are in the Atlanta and / or
attending the STC Annual Summit, do register for this free event
http://bit.ly/10264rB on May 5th and spend your Sunday morning listening to:

* Chas Corfield, the inventor of FrameMaker talk about the changing
form of content consumption

* Rahel Baillie ask you if your content is ready for the content economy

* John Daigle tell you how to navigate through the mobile documentation
highway

* Mark Lewis talk about the metrics for the content carpenter

* The panel discussion chaired by Scott Abel, The Content Wrangler, that
presents its take on the future role of a technical writer

Also, based on social feedback we removed all sign-up needs from our
#WriteRight campaign collaterals. You can now access all PDF documents
http://bit.ly/XU8Avr without filling up the contact form. Look out for the
new and updated list of webinars and videos on the site.

*Webinars of the Month*

* Rick Stone on integrating Captivate videos in your RoboHelp content
http://adobe.ly/HIRYE

* Matt Sullivan on Focused Highlights of Standard (unstructured) FrameMaker
11 http://adobe.ly/HIRYE

* Tom Aldous on Leveraging the Power of Two Industry Leaders: Acrolinx and
FrameMaker http://adobe.ly/Zjf7SZ

* Chris Despopoulos on FrameMaker ExtendScript: One End-User's success
story http://adobe.ly/ZjfqNC

* Scott Prentice on How to Optimize content for a smooth migration into XML
or DITA http://adobe.ly/ZjfEEk

* Jang Graat's introduction to FrameMaker in English, German and Dutch
http://adobe.ly/HIRYE

* Tammy Halter on Database Publishing with FrameMaker 11 –

When your print color catalogue is too important to give up
http://adobe.ly/WWfSlK

*Blogs of the month*

* Video on publishing FrameMaker content to multiple devices via RoboHelp
http://adobe.ly/ZfKAFs

* Making FrameMaker work for you using the ExtendScript Toolkit by Jang
Graat http://adobe.ly/X9LdPC

* Maxwell Hoffmann's Frame versus Word blog series:

* Cross References http://adobe.ly/YMexPv

* Slideheads http://adobe.ly/105MsDt

* Catalogs for text and graphics, format override restorations
http://adobe.ly/1198WEb

* Single sourcing and multichannel publications
http://adobe.ly/119OpiJ

* Part 6 http://adobe.ly/ZJbo1d, Part 7 http://adobe.ly/ZJbrdx and Part 8
http://adobe.ly/ZTLNTl on reasons to move from FrameMaker 7.X to 11

April 11th 10AM PAC Webinar: "For Word Users: Sess 6) customized workspaces
& Quick Edits in #FrameMaker 11"

Every product has its frustrations; one commonly associated with Word is
the number of times that you must “drill down” several levels to get to a
desired menu. FrameMaker has approached this challenge in a unique way with
“workspaces,” which present the most commonly used menus associated with
particular tasks.

Users benefit greatly from their ability to customize workspaces by docking
and placing collapsed or expanded menus where they wish to find them. Even
without customization, FrameMaker will gradually reduce the choices
available as you move into highly specific tasks, like editing DITA in the
XML Code View. If you work with contractors or team members who only
occasionally assist with FrameMaker projects, you can greatly reduce the
learning curve by creating customized workspaces with very limited choices.

Quick edits refers to a number of convenient short cuts that will display
choices (e.g. paragraph styles, conditional tags, DITA elements) in a
vertical catalog adjacent to your current insertion point. Mastering this
feature enables you to author complex content even more quickly.

Whether you are a Word user contemplating a move to FrameMaker, or a
veteran FrameMaker users still using an older version, you may benefit
greatly from this session. Join presenter Maxwell Hoffmann, Adobe's Global
Product Evangelist for Tech Comm Suite, who has extensive tech comm
publishing experience, having worked for a variety of publishing vendors
and translation agencies before coming on board with Adobe. He is a former
FrameMaker product marketing manager with Frame Technology (before Adobe
acquired the product), and has trained over 1,200 people in scalable
publishing solutions over the years.

You may register for this webinar at: http://adobe.ly/11dYMCf

Adobe Day May, 5, Atlanta, GA, USA. 8AM – 1:30PM

Attending STC Summit 2013?

Don’t forget to arrive a day before the STC Summit to attend Adobe Day.
Back by popular demand, Adobe Day has great lineup of speakers including
Chas Corfield, the father of Frame Maker.

Register for free at http://bit.ly/Ad0beDay

* Meet MadWorld 2013 Presenters: Paul Stoecklein

http://bit.ly/ZJfzs1

* Magic with Adobe FrameMaker: Structured and unstructured content and DITA
http://adobe.ly/16dSVvZ

Interested in having a sponsored post on TechWhirl? Find out more here:
http://bit.ly/15nQpWg

*STC New England Annual Conference 2013 Registration*

*Register at http://**www.stcnewengland.org* <http://www.stcnewengland.org/>

STC New England presents the return of the annual conference for technical
communicators: writers, editors, trainers, and others like us. Please go to
http://www.stcnewengland.org for details and additional information.

Saturday, April 27 9:00am - 3:00 pm

UMass Lowell Inn and Conference Center

Featuring Neil Perlin, Ed Marshall, and Mike Paciello.

Register at http://www.stcnewengland.org

Latest Tech Comm Jobs on TechWhirl

Technical Editing: http://bit.ly/TechnicalEditingJobs

Technical Writing: http://bit.ly/TechnicalWritingJobs

Google+ Page | http://gplus.to/TechCommJobs

Some of our roles:

* Technical Editor (Richland, WA) http://ow.ly/k2r9B<http://t.co/UtpZwHnGtu>

* Technical Writer (Dallas, TX) http://ow.ly/k2r4y <http://t.co/a8N0qWvfF3>

* Technical Writer II (Plymouth, MN) http://ow.ly/k2r13<http://t.co/rLSQiXg6nV>

* Content Marketing Manager (Austin, TX)
http://ow.ly/jYR9C<http://t.co/Rr48fualfl>

* Product Manager – Web Content Management (San Francisco, CA) http://
ow.ly/2w6MIW <http://t.co/h3dyOtHqg2>

* Social Media Content Editor / Manager (New York, NY)
http://ow.ly/2w6sJy<http://t.co/Y0zIaisB3d>

* Technical Editor and Writer (Fort Belvoir, VA)
http://ow.ly/2w4KEw<http://t.co/7zIB5CXPyb>

* Technical Training Developer (Instructional Design) (San Jose, CA) http://
ow.ly/2w3xJf <http://t.co/DIN4PtlGtF>

* Instructional Designer /Trainer (Naperville, IL)
http://ow.ly/2w3oE1<http://t.co/KkuSGVPuju>

* Instructional System Designer/LMS Job (Tampa, FL)
http://ow.ly/2w3aTR<http://t.co/ECS33ax8Ac>

* Food R&D Technical Writer (Part Time) (Portland, OR)
http://ow.ly/2w28lB<http://t.co/5ZERIOD6Mx>

* Technical Writer (Washington, D.C.) http://ow.ly/jRhKr<http://t.co/v7lQC7pJl2>

* Technical Writer / Editor (Austin, TX)
http://ow.ly/jOt84<http://t.co/km2tUNQqDN>

* Technical Writer (Reston, VA) http://ow.ly/jOr6Z <http://t.co/lxQTvRV6Di>

* Entry to Mid Level – Technical Writer (San Diego, CA)
http://ow.ly/2vYdhO<http://t.co/grMducolcb>

* Web Content Manager (Dayton, OH) http://ow.ly/jLZPk<http://t.co/r6fvKFXzxw>

* Content Production Manager, Social Media (San Francisco, CA) http://
ow.ly/2vWBQD <http://t.co/oSOveIK447>

* Manager/Editor – Content Marketing (Charlotte, NC)
http://ow.ly/2vWjof<http://t.co/7SkzWSZ1J0>

* Technical Editor (Houston, TX) http://ow.ly/jJAXM <http://t.co/LmTCkWAzfy>

* Technical Writer (Rensselaer, NY) http://ow.ly/jJAUR<http://t.co/KYxwbzXSc3>

* Technical Writer – Site Operations (Menlo Park, CA)
http://ow.ly/2vUZ4f<http://t.co/Ad3qfasoxB>

* Instructional Design Lead (San Francisco, CA)
http://ow.ly/2vTo0Z<http://t.co/NwpBf0JYOO>

* Instructional Systems Designer 4 (Dallas, TX)
http://ow.ly/2vTeua<http://t.co/wzlbTKH6N8>

* Instructional Designer /Training Developer (Atlanta, GA) http://
ow.ly/2vT5Wg <http://t.co/VZUefKc4ck>

More Jobs on Tech Comm Jobs: http://bit.ly/techcommjobs

Technical Communication News

Latest Tech Comm News (http://news.techwhirl.com):

* Astoria Software and Acrolinx Announce Strategic Partnership http://
ow.ly/2w9Gjz <http://t.co/jVR8Ls4Qtz>

* Data Conversion Laboratory (DCL) Appoints Bilitzky Chief Information
Officer http://ow.ly/2w3Qtr <http://t.co/1yx9pfQLLr>

* Ektron 8.7 Features Editing Enhancements and Cloud and SharePoint Support
http://ow.ly/2vYnrx <http://t.co/sPCGL07TAk>

* Stilo Extends Migrate Functionality with DocBook to DITA Conversion
Capability http://ow.ly/2vXpYl <http://t.co/jKlpe8ROcO>

* U.S. Jobs Outlook Handbook to Include New Technical Communication Entry
http://ow.ly/2vSdhs <http://t.co/SbtuQPNA1u>

* WebWorks Full Optical Opus Learning System Launches Today http://
ow.ly/2vRBsv <http://t.co/pvUS39MqcH>

Interested in getting the news first or sharing a little? Join our new
LinkedIn Group—Technical Communication News: http://linkd.in/TechCommNews

Follow TechWhirl’s Tech Writer Today Magazine

Google + Page, Behind the scenes @ TechWhirl: http://goo.gl/XwPt3

Follow us on Facebook | http://goo.gl/tDrW7 (Posts and discussions)

communication news)

Follow on RSS | http://goo.gl/msLzu (the site via RSS feed)

Technical Communication News on LinkedIn: http://linkd.in/TechCommNews

Updates from TechWhirl delivered to your email in box | http://bit.ly/tjshxU

Reaching our Readers

Advertise to technical writers and communicators on TechWhirl:
http://bit.ly/sponsorTechWhirl

Announcements and Events

For announcements (a call for presenters) and events (conference on …) that
you specifically want to be mailed directly to all 3000+ TECHWR-L
subscribers

in the TECHWR-L Premium Daily Announcement, please contact us at

(admin -at- techwr-l -dot- com).

Also, please be certain to add your events to our TechWhirl Calendar, which
is a free resource on our magazine for announcements, activities, and
events: http://www.techwhirl.com/events

Job Postings

Please do not directly post jobs to TECHWR-L. Instead, add it our new
website http://jobs.techwhirl.com

For a limited time all postings will be promoted on our magazine
TechWriterToday.Com and be featured in our TECHWR-L Premium Daily
Announcement.

Learn more about TechCommJobs|http://bit.ly/AboutTechCommJob

Learn more: http://bit.ly/13xpg5n