Subject: TechWhirl: Technical Communication Recap for April 12, 2013
From: TechWhirl Admin <admin -at- techwhirl -dot- com>
To: Techwr-l <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 12 Apr 2013 11:44:35 -0400

for most weeks), which is a good thing for those itching to make a move or
soon-to-be grads trying to figure out what they want to be when they grow
up. Yehoshua Paul describes the advantages of being bi-lingual on a team
where English is a second
language<http://techwhirl.com/being-bilingual-esl-localization-technical-communication/>.
And we offer new technical communication
poll<http://techwhirl.com/technical-communication-poll-roles-in-enterprise-content-management/>on
the roles that technical communicators can or should play in
enterprise
content management. Many of us have (excuse the cliché) worn a lot of hats
in the organizations that employ us. Today, the trend seems to be towards
breaking down content creation silos in ways that benefit the company and
the customer, but also may open up new possibilities for us. And as always,
Craig Cardimon curates some interesting, thoughtful and sometimes
controversial commentary on tech comm, content strategy and user experience
in Tech Writer This
Week<http://techwhirl.com/tech-writer-this-week-april-11-2013/>
.

grand time coming up with a collective noun that describes a group of
technical writers—personally I’m leaning towards a “quibble” of tech
writers. They’re also a bit more serious when it comes to advice on billing
clients, justifying FrameMaker, and real-world adoption of EPUB. If you
haven’t already checked it out, subscribe and become a part of our vibrant
technical communication community.

Have a great weekend!

-Connie and the gang at TechWhirl
In Case You Missed it: This Week @ TechWhirl

*New features and articles on http://TechWhirl.com <http://techwhirl.com/>**
:*

- Tech Writer This Week, April 11, 2013, by Craig Cardimon |
http://bit.ly/Yf48Jt
- Technical Communication Poll: Roles in Enterprise Content Management |
http://bit.ly/ZhK9tI
- Being Bilingual Helps: ESL, Localization and Technical Communication,
by Yehoshua Paul | http://bit.ly/10vV1Hc

*Technical Communication news on
http://TechWhirl.com/news<http://techwhirl.com/news>
:*

- Data Conversion Laboratory (DCL) Appoints Bilitzky Chief Information
Officer | http://ow.ly/2w3Qtr

Social Media and the Chance to Follow TechWhirl:

- Our Google Plus Page – what’s happening behind the scenes |
http://goo.gl/SO0R4
- Will you be our Friend? Please, you know you want to click |
http://goo.gl/tDrW7
- Want all this TechWhirl goodness a few characters @ a time |
http://goo.gl/itjDg
- Updates from TechWhirl delivered to your email in box |
http://bit.ly/tjshxU
- Or, try our RSS feed (great on Flipboard) | http://goo.gl/msLzu

SPONSOR-Luv

We want to send a very special “thank you” to our sponsors for their
support.

*Platinum*: Adobe Systems
Incorporated<http://www.runaware.com/clients/adobe/techsuite/>

*Gold: *ComponentOne Software <http://bit.ly/doc-to-help>,* *Madcap
Software<http://www.madcapsoftware.com/products/flare/overview.aspx#whatsnew>
**

*Silver*: Vancouver Island University
<http://pr.viu.ca/techcomm/>

<http://pr.viu.ca/techcomm/>

Online Magazine and Discussions for Today's Tech Writer

Follow TechWhirl on
Twitter: @TechWriterToday
Facebook: <http://pr.viu.ca/techcomm/>facebook.com/techwriterlist
Google+: plus.ly/TechWhirl