Re: Outlook, thunderbird, or...

Subject: Re: Outlook, thunderbird, or...
From: Editor in Chief <editorialstandards -at- gmail -dot- com>
To: Craig Cardimon <craig -dot- cardimon -at- gmail -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2013 17:50:10 -0500

I'll second that observation.

I still use both, but I find that Gmail filters work great... sometimes...
and not others, and I could never figure out what the difference was. In
one case, I created the "same" filter three separate times, and it just
smiled and looked at me and didn't "move" the messages to the indicated
folder, and I've been doing it manually every few days, ever since.
Meanwhile, several other filters routinely catch mail coming into my inbox
and re-direct it. My techwhirl mail does get shunted (ok, I know it's just
getting labeled, but it appears to have been moved to a named folder, and
that's what I'm after). But posts in another steady-volume list would never
"move" until I gave up, unsubscribed, and then re-subscribed with one of
the accounts that I access via Thunderbird... which always works.

YMMV

Another thing about Tbird that I appreciate is that it makes auto-quoted
thread content more visible, reminding me to trim the accumulation of
administrivia and older posts from the bottom of my replies. I also find
it easier in Thunderbird (I just haven't researched how to do it in GMail)
to select paragraph or two from a message I'm reading and reply instantly,
and in-line, to just those paragraphs. No manual trimming of excess needed.
But this preference is probably just user laziness on my part. :-)

--
__o
_`\<,_

Learn more: http://bit.ly/12LyN2z