Re: Telecommuting ( was: Do as I say, not as I do )

Subject: Re: Telecommuting ( was: Do as I say, not as I do )
From: Gene Kim-Eng <techwr -at- genek -dot- com>
To: Kathleen MacDowell <kathleen -dot- eamd -at- gmail -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2013 14:46:08 -0800

Yahoo has been sliding toward the edge of a cliff for years. Anyone working there who has any sense has been prepared for the implementation of crisis management for a very long time.

My guess is that the overall goal is not so much to cut numbers of heads, but to whittle away anyone who lacks the flexibility to adapt without whining before they have to start implementing business plan changes on the fly to keep the company from running aground.

Gene Kim-Eng

On 2/26/2013 10:08 AM, Kathleen MacDowell wrote:

I wonder if the hoorah about the new policy is people's sense that implied
or stated benefits are being cut or taken away. In other words, the company
is changing the employment agreement. There are those who "must" work from
home or remotely, but otherwise it seems to me to be a tradeoff--there are
pros and cons.

The more telling issue (for me) would be whether other benefit changes are
in the offing.

Yep, life isn't fair, the world ain't all sunshine and rainbows, business
is business, and in other news retirees have lost their benefits or had
them cut, and the economy is still shaky.

No argument about any of that. But shouldn't we be able to discuss the
issues :-)

EPUB Webinar: Join STC Vice President Nicky Bleiel as she discusses tips for creating EPUB, the file format used for e-readers, tablets, smartphones, and more.

Learn more: http://bit.ly/12LyN2z