Re: Recruiting dilemma

Subject: Re: Recruiting dilemma
From: Chris Morton <salt -dot- morton -at- gmail -dot- com>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2013 10:18:14 -0800

Ethnicity plays no role in any of this. There are the pros and the
wannabes. There are also the "I have no other recourse at this time
and don't really want to be doing this" types. I believe the gal who
contacted me on Friday is the latter; a pro would have at least addressed
the email, "Hi Chris." A pro—even a very busy one—would also have been back
in touch with me by now, acknowledging receipt of my documents and
conveying what the next step is.

I totally understand that recruiters are working for the company that let
the contract and are merely playing a numbers game. I used to do that when
I was an publishers' rep many years ago. That said, a true pro also works
hard to keep both parties updated in a timely manner; without nurturing a
small qualified set of "potential matches" (and perhaps vetting them), the
contract goes unfilled or gets filled by someone else.

> Chris
STC Vice President Nicky Bleiel is giving a free webinar on best practices
for creating mobile help.

Learn more: http://bit.ly/WNaCzd