Re: Beliefs and passions- new job requirements

Subject: Re: Beliefs and passions- new job requirements
From: Lauren <lauren -at- writeco -dot- net>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
Date: Tue, 06 Nov 2012 10:01:53 -0800

On 11/6/2012 6:44 AM, Gene Kim-Eng wrote:

Most likely comes from some sort of executive "vision" committee, handed down through HR.

The passage reminded me of a children's book or a superhero story.

"Googlers thrive in small, focused teams and high-energy environments, believe in the ability of technology to change the world, and are as passionate about their lives as they are about their work."

The image that entered my mind when I read that was of a Transformer or Iron Man. Where the audience must believe that technology can give a person super powers. I really think that the passage is directed to young people who want to live in a science fiction world and that Google will give them that world, even if the job is to write code for 16 hours per day and never see the sun again, except for a couple of weeks per year when the employees are permitted to graze on open pasture, like Shetland ponies used 19th coal mines.

Writer Tip: Create 10 different outputs with Doc-To-Help -- including Mobile and EPUB.

Read all about them: http://bit.ly/doc-to-help-10-outputs