RE: when is it ok to leave a contract job?

Subject: RE: when is it ok to leave a contract job?
From: Joyce -dot- Fetterman -at- L-3com -dot- com
To: "Becca" <becca -at- di -dot- org>, "tech2wr-l" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 1 Nov 2012 16:04:46 -0400

Becca, you can wait for someone to offer you more responsibility, or you
can go find something that will give you more satisfaction.

Sometimes it takes a while for people to get to know (and trust) new
people and their skills. That happened to me when I took my current job.
I used some of the down time to talk with my new co-workers and let them
know how I could help them accomplish their goals; now I can't keep up
with the demand for my time.

Get to know the people you work with, find out what they need in order
to be more productive, then suggest ways in which you can help. Maybe
the Web folks need content. Perhaps HR needs someone to write newsletter
articles. Marketing may need help to proofread press releases. Maybe you
can document procedures that will reduce training time for new
employees. Not only will you be happier, you may stumble across a great
opportunity!

Joyce Fetterman

Writer Tip: Create 10 different outputs with Doc-To-Help &#8213; including Mobile and EPUB.

Read all about them: http://bit.ly/doc-to-help-10-outputs