Re: Having fun with your resume - good idea/bad idea

Subject: Re: Having fun with your resume - good idea/bad idea
From: yehoshua paul <ysp10182 -at- gmail -dot- com>
To: Jay Maechtlen <techwriter -at- laserpubs -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 5 Sep 2012 20:43:02 +0300

After reading all the responses here, my wife, a professional recruitment
consultant requested that I add her two cents to all this.
Her exact words were "If someone sent me a 20 page resume, I wouldn't even
bother reading it, but rather would send them back a polite email asking
them to resend their resume in no more than 2 pages".

She also says that as she reads resumes all day long, the ones she
appreciates the most are those who don't go into great detail about each
job, with the possible exception of their current position, and whose
resumes are kept to under two pages, as well as being monochromatic, neat,
and free of spelling and grammar mistakes.

However, she was also the one who gave me the chocolate frog card
suggestion for the article... :-)

Yehoshua

http://bit.ly/doc-to-help