Need ideas: making a "wizard" to create memos

Subject: Need ideas: making a "wizard" to create memos
From: Misti Delaney <Misti -dot- Delaney -at- us -dot- yazaki -dot- com>
To: "techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2012 21:18:28 +0000

Greetings, all,

I have been hanging on to the techwr-l for many years, hoping and praying to return to my first love-and it's finally happening! So I finally have a relevant question.

Our service desk is based outside the US, and English is a second language for most of our service desk staff, and our (English speaking) technical folk would be grateful not to have to start from scratch when writing service or outage memos. So far, I have been editing the service and outage memos before they go out, but I do occasionally take vacations and am not always in the office when a service outage happens over the weekend, so an automated answer is appealing.

I have been asked to help create a template or wizard that can be used easily by folks for whom English writing is a challenge. My boss loves the idea of a "wizard" type thing where the tech or service desk staff can answer an few questions on a page and have the computer generate the memo using canned language I have provided, though other ideas that would accomplish the same goal are also welcome.

A search hasn't turned up anything, but I have been out of the business long enough to suspect that I'm using the wrong keywords. Do you have an idea?

Thank you!

Misti Anslin Delaney
Technical Writer
Yazaki North America, Inc.

Yazaki North America, Inc. - Confidentiality & Security Notice
This email is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential, proprietary and/or privileged material. Any review, distribution, reliance on, or other use of this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you receive this message in error, please immediately notify the sender and delete it and all copies of it from your system.

Visitors are prohibited from taking pictures or video at any time in YNA or its affiliated company facilities unless prior authorization is obtained from facilities management.

Thank you.

http://bit.ly/doc-to-help