wording q - is "both" superfluous?

Subject: wording q - is "both" superfluous?
From: "Monique Semp" <monique -dot- semp -at- earthlink -dot- net>
To: "TechWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2012 09:40:22 -0700

Hello, writers,

Iâm describing a situation where there are two different menu items that result in the same screen being displayed.

(No need to comment on why this isnât a good idea â this is a temporary state in the software thatâs intended to make some big picture changes easier for current customers to deal with, and on the resulting screen this is clearly explained.)

So in the doc I want to say that âYou can <access the function screen> from two starting points in the menu:â, then give the bullet list of the two menu paths, and then I want to explain that they bring you to the same screen.

So for that final sentence, which of the following is best, and, more importantly, why?

* Both menu selections bring you to the <function> screen.
* Either menu selection brings you to the <function> screen.

Or, maybe I avoid it altogether and just say, âWhen you choose the <function> from the Dashboard menu, the <function> screen appears.â

Thoughts?
-Monique

http://bit.ly/doc-to-help