Re: Document Revision History - Front or Back of the Doc?

Subject: Re: Document Revision History - Front or Back of the Doc?
From: Gene Kim-Eng <techwr -at- genek -dot- com>
To: Keith Hood <klhra -at- yahoo -dot- com>
Date: Sat, 21 Jul 2012 21:24:21 -0700

I remember those, and it was much worse than that. I've seen drawings and schematics with revision summaries so detailed that you could use them to undo every change made in a new release. Thankfully, those days are gone, and most revision notes are now just brief explanations of why a new rev is being released.

Gene KIm-Eng

On 7/21/2012 8:50 PM, Keith Hood wrote:

. Revision histories in civilian documents grew - I believe - out of the procedures the military (or at least the Army) once used to update maintenance manuals and other publications. They were originally guides to tell the users how to make changes in the docs.

http://bit.ly/doc-to-help