Re: Careers For People Who Don't Like People

Subject: Re: Careers For People Who Don't Like People
From: Stuart Burnfield <slb -at- westnet -dot- com -dot- au>
To: Techwr-l <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2012 10:41:44 +0800 (WST)

I agree with Phil. There might be some personal benefit from pondering your personality type or preferences. But I've never come across an organization that used something like Myers-Briggs to influence promotion decisions or to 'assemble teams with complementary personality types' or anything like that. Mostly they just pay for the testing and then no-one ever speaks of it again.

Actually it feels a bit like astrology, and I wonder if there's any correlation between people who are very invested in their MBTI profile and people who feel that knowing their star sign says something about their personality.

Stuart

http://bit.ly/doc-to-help