RE: Careers For People Who Don't Like People

Subject: RE: Careers For People Who Don't Like People
From: Kat Kuvinka <katkuvinka -at- hotmail -dot- com>
To: <techwr -at- genek -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2012 15:59:23 -0400

Close, I am an ENFP. Sometimes I think I should be writing jokes instead of user guides!

To try to get this back to an appropriate topic...why do you think companies have us take all of these tests? My last company gave us several, plus we had bi-weekly Team Building, mandatory conflict management (SBIs), Dysfunctions of a Team discussions, plus everyone had to present at sprint reviews and give brown bag lunches, etc etc. It was exhausting. I just wanted to work. Does is really help? Because it just seemed to get us further behind on our schedules. I think people liked to work from home so they could get something done!

Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2012 12:41:49 -0700
From: techwr -at- genek -dot- com
To: katkuvinka -at- hotmail -dot- com
CC: dick -at- rlhamilton -dot- net; techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com

I am an ENFJ. No matter how many times I read the description of my personality type, it still sounds like Dr Jekyll and Mr. Hyde to me.

Gene Kim-Eng

On Tue, Jul 17, 2012 at 11:49 AM, Kat Kuvinka <katkuvinka -at- hotmail -dot- com> wrote:

We sound like a collective Walter Mitty!

At my last job, we all had to take Myers-Briggs. I was surprised at how many managers (we had too many) were Introverts. I know it doesn't mean they are shy or don't like people, but we were all about team and being motivated by the um, collective.

http://bit.ly/doc-to-help