RE: what's a nice collective noun for 'organization" that isn't"organization"?

Subject: RE: what's a nice collective noun for 'organization" that isn't"organization"?
From: <Brian -dot- Henderson -at- mitchell1 -dot- com>
To: <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2012 08:07:19 -0700

Peter, please don't do that this early in the week. For a moment, I
thought it was Friday already, and my heart soared like a murder of
crows. Now it just feels like a committee of dullards ruminating in my
chest.

Thanks a lot.

-Brian H.

-----Original Message----- From: Peter Neilson

I would entify verbs such as those in section 76.3 of Roget, boldly
creating neologisms ad lib., e.g. Encompassment, Includiality. I would
investigate synecdoche or metaphor, as ship, army, orbit, planet,
universe, galaxy, or team. I would use words so far out of context their
original meaning would be overlooked: rutabaga, wheel, tar pit,
grapefruit. I would borrow words heretofore unused from Latin or Greek.
My translators would weep, or perhaps fail outright.

Don't you think the area of poetry is overlooked in the pursuit of
technical writing?

http://bit.ly/doc-to-help