RE: FrameMaker 10/Adobe Acrobat Question

Subject: RE: FrameMaker 10/Adobe Acrobat Question
From: "William Sherman" <bsherman77 -at- embarqmail -dot- com>
To: <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 2 Jul 2012 12:11:05 -0400

For years, I have had a Figure style and a Figure Caption style unless I was forced to use a template without them.

Then I made my List of Figures link to the Figure style (where the figure was located) and not the Figure Caption style.

I also used this to eliminate that nasty occurrence of a figure being on one page and the caption on the next by making the Figure style a Keep With Next and the Figure Caption style a Keep With Previous.

While it may make sense to put the Figure Caption above the figure, most places I have worked have the Figure Caption below the figure and the Table Caption above the table.

I do the same basic process in Word except for the obvious lack of the Keep With Previous condition in Word.