LinkedIn phishing?

Subject: LinkedIn phishing?
From: Mark Giffin <mgiffin -at- earthlink -dot- net>
To: TECHWR-L Writing <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 06 Jun 2012 12:30:40 -0700

I got an email from a recruiter (apparently) who said he had reviewed my LinkedIn profile and asked about my availability. The email had nothing specific about my LinkedIn profile, but it was sent to an email address that is available if you go to one of the websites in my profile. For that reason I figured the email was not an obvious scam, but now I think I was wrong. I responded asking for more info (probably a mistake). I got an obviously automated email back with a link "click here to explore career opportunities." I inspected the link before clicking, and it was some weird site URL that was not the domain of the original email. I didn't click it. I looked at the website of the original email (professionaljobleads.com) and it is just a single page with a link for sending a resume. So I responded to the second email and asked for a personal response before I clicked the link. No response.

I think this is all a scam. Anybody else experience this kind of thing?

Mark

http://bit.ly/doc-to-help