Re: Greetings - Looking for a little advice please.

Subject: Re: Greetings - Looking for a little advice please.
From: beelia <beelia -at- gmail -dot- com>
To: Mac Wheeler <email -at- macwheeler -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 21 May 2012 19:32:06 -0700

If I were you, with your programming background, I'd aim for documenting
APIs - but you'd probably have to do a few contracts first to get your
skills back. Plus you'd need to learn some tech writer tools. Production
skills are crucial, especially for the larger companies, and you can't just
use Microsoft Word.

I don't know what the UK job market is like, but if you were in Silicon
Valley, you'd find quite a few API jobs. Most of Google's job listings for
tech writers require some kind of programming skills, but I don't know if
you could get one remotely.

HTH.

Bee

http://bit.ly/doc-to-help