Re: Adobe is at it again...annoyed by Internet only activiation? Adobe's really stepped up the game with Internet only installation!

Subject: Re: Adobe is at it again...annoyed by Internet only activiation? Adobe's really stepped up the game with Internet only installation!
From: Mark Giffin <mgiffin -at- earthlink -dot- net>
To: "techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 10 May 2012 11:01:16 -0700

It's strange, it's as if Adobe has a penchant for doing things that are complex, incomprehensible, and even rather destructive. A few months ago I downloaded and installed a demo version of FrameMaker 10, and the installer REMOVED my existing Adobe Acrobat installation. Deleted the executables and everything, without mentioning it. And yesterday I got a notice to upgrade my Flash Player, and as part of it I clicked a link to read the license agreement I was agreeing to, and this is the weirdest -- it opens a webpage with a huge table of tiny type. You have to choose the product from this list. Then you have to decide which version it is, and you have about 5 choices. You click on one of those and it opens not a web page but a PDF. And not a PDF with only that agreement in it, but a 304-page PDF in many, many languages. It's an interior link into the PDF that has the English version, if you're lucky. In my browser it started at the first page, which is Arabic. I am supposed to agree with each one even though I speak English? It's wonderful!

Mark

On 5/10/2012 10:37 AM, Gene Kim-Eng wrote:

Adobe has an offline activation process, but it's a pain. I know one
person who had so much trouble getting her legal InDesign seat activated
that she finally downloaded a crack using BitTorrent to get it to work.
Adobe couldn't offer any viable alternative.

Gene Kim-Eng

On Thu, May 10, 2012 at 10:17 AM, Gregory P Sweet
<gps03 -at- health -dot- state -dot- ny -dot- us>wrote:

Adobe has decided to cling to the pipedream that every single one of their
users has unfettered access to the Internet and expanded the Internet only
activation requirement to just about all of the CS6 products.

http://bit.ly/doc-to-help