Re: Uninstalling vs. Removing

Subject: Re: Uninstalling vs. Removing
From: Phil Snow Leopard <philstokes03 -at- googlemail -dot- com>
To: Dan Goldstein <DGoldstein -at- riveraintech -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2012 21:38:34 +0700

Ahh, no. I was explicitly making a distinction between iTunes and 3rd party software.

On Snow Leopard, I believe uninstalling iTunes will take all the junk with it; 3rd party s/w tends not to (sloppy coding by the developers).

On Lion, I'm not even sure you can uninstall iTunes - it's built-in to the OS (admittedly, I haven't tested that, but I'd be surprised if it was not the case given the way Lion works).

http://bit.ly/doc-to-help