Re: Got a simple system to track system text?

Subject: Re: Got a simple system to track system text?
From: reshma pendse <reshma_pendse -at- yahoo -dot- co -dot- in>
To: Sarah Lee Hauslinger <slhauslinger -at- gmail -dot- com>, Steve Schwarzman <steve -at- writersbookmall -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 9 Mar 2012 16:54:15 +0800 (SGT)

You could also use a DB-based utility which your developers should be able to rig up. Basically, create a Database for all your UI text and messages, with a primary ID/message ID, message text, status, and any other columns you need. Create a basic interface where you can view and edit the text. WHen you save, changes are saved to the DB. You can add an option to generate a .xml or .message file that the developers can then import into their code. this can even be automated.

We used a utility like this in my previous company, and it worked beautifully! We even tracked all the windows where that text ID was used, if it was erro text, then we could capture all the scenarios where it was used...You need not go that far!