RE: Seeking advice on leading an interview for a technical

Subject: RE: Seeking advice on leading an interview for a technical
From: "McLauchlan, Kevin" <Kevin -dot- McLauchlan -at- safenet-inc -dot- com>
To: Alison Wyld <alison -dot- wyld -at- wyld-home -dot- net>, "techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 8 Mar 2012 11:19:15 -0500

Think like an insurance company:
You could probably bury in your policy and contract fine-print
that your company will not provide re-relocation assistance if
the applicant decides to bail due to pet related difficulties
or to accommodate recalcitrant family members.

Or, go the other way and include a limited list of reasons
for which you _will_ provide assistance to get the new hire
back to their country if things go sideways. Anything else is
not covered.

"Sign here. Initial here, here, and here..."

That might either discourage a risky applicant who is wise
enough to consider the cost of reversing a big international
move without assistance, or protect your company's budget if
the candidate decides to make the leap anyway despite
reasonable misgivings, and then later reneges.

or disclosing it.

http://bit.ly/doc-to-help