RE: Beta Tester's Review of MadCap Flare 8

Subject: RE: Beta Tester's Review of MadCap Flare 8
From: <laura_johnson -at- agilent -dot- com>
To: <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 7 Mar 2012 09:46:09 -0700

I've been able to use Flare 7 and Flare 8, and to have them open side by side. I have even been able to edit and save my project in Flare 8, then re-open and build it in 7 -- bad practice, I know, but I like to do useful work in the new rev to get a feel for it, before switching the build machine over to it. I have not used new feature like sub-folders -- I would expect that to break my projects. I have been experimenting with HTML5, and had to rename my new HTML5 skin and target before reopening the project in Flare 7, so that 7 would not try to parse the skin and target files.

regards,
Laura Johnson
Learning Products Engineer
Agilent Technologies