RE: Beta Tester's Review of MadCap Flare 8

Subject: RE: Beta Tester's Review of MadCap Flare 8
From: "Steve Janoff (non-Celgene)" <sjanoff -at- celgene -dot- com>
To: "techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>, "McLauchlan, Kevin" <Kevin -dot- McLauchlan -at- safenet-inc -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 6 Mar 2012 10:57:29 -0800

Kevin wrote:

> For much longer than I care to recall, I've been getting double and triple "spam" from MadCap, such that I'd just ignore it for a few weeks, then do a mass delete. ...

In fairness, what happened in my case was that the mail that got caught in postini was MadCap's own announcement of the release of Flare 8. Therefore I wasn't aware of it until a few hours later when I received an e-mail from our purchasing agent that had been sent to her from MadCap and contained the upgrade URL and license key.

This sounds similar to your situation so that's an eye-opener that your license could end up in the Twilight Zone if the person leaves or changes roles. I agree, this is unsettling. I'm sure it happens all the time in big corporations.

Steve

THIS ELECTRONIC MAIL MESSAGE AND ANY ATTACHMENT IS
CONFIDENTIAL AND MAY CONTAIN LEGALLY PRIVILEGED
INFORMATION INTENDED ONLY FOR THE USE OF THE INDIVIDUAL
OR INDIVIDUALS NAMED ABOVE.
If the reader is not the intended recipient, or the
employee or agent responsible to deliver it to the
intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any
dissemination, distribution or copying of this
communication is strictly prohibited. If you have
received this communication in error, please reply to the
sender to notify us of the error and delete the original
message. Thank You.

http://bit.ly/doc-to-help