Re: Seeking advice on leading an interview for a technical writer position in English

Subject: Re: Seeking advice on leading an interview for a technical writer position in English
From: Bill Swallow <techcommdood -at- gmail -dot- com>
To: Claudine Chausson <cchausson -at- fircosoft -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 6 Mar 2012 09:49:51 -0500

Interesting question. You're not talking language but culture. That
said, you are in France, and I assume will be interviewing French
citizens for the most part, correct? If so, then there's no need to
change how you interview.

Now, if the job involved heavy immersion into other countries'
cultures, then I'd see a reason for changing up the style of
interview.

The line of questioning for an interview should always center around
the job, not the language. The nuances will be minor with regard to
language variation if the job criteria is the same regardless of the
language you're interviewing in.

Hope this helps.

Bill

--