RE: Typography for gui items

Subject: RE: Typography for gui items
From: "Steve Janoff (non-Celgene)" <sjanoff -at- celgene -dot- com>
To: techwrl <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>, "McLauchlan, Kevin" <Kevin -dot- McLauchlan -at- safenet-inc -dot- com>, Wanda Phillips <wetcoastwriter -at- me -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 28 Feb 2012 15:16:16 -0800

"Nothing ever really happens" seems to suggest that the flow of time is an illusion, albeit a very convincing one, which in fact Kevin you are seconding. I don't think Rinpoche or whoever wrote that would claim that reality itself is "not real." He would probably acknowledge that the brick wall is very real. I think the suggestion is that we exist in discrete moments of time and our minds fill in the gaps to create the illusion of flow and "passage" of time. Maybe there is no such thing. Events "happen" over time -- I don't think anything is truly "instantaneous." Even the Big Bang took some time. I think Rinpoche is talking about stripping away *all* the illusions we bring to reality (and this is just one) until all you're left with is a very stark, bare reality. That's when you can be objective about the world. Won't happen in my lifetime, but that's what I get out of that quote.

Steve

PS - No one is questioning your existence, either -- unless you're just some automatic "bot" posting messages to Techwhirl. :)