Re: naming doc addendums ?

Subject: Re: naming doc addendums ?
From: Keith Hood <klhra -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: Monique Semp <monique -dot- semp -at- earthlink -dot- net>, TechWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 10 Feb 2012 18:31:55 -0800 (PST)

I would say, don't bother including the title of the main doc in the title of the addendum. So instead of the samples you gave in your post, just call it "Addendum X: Something". After all, the reader already knows the addendum is specific to that particular main document, so repeating the title of the main document is an unnecessary redundancy. Save yourself the key strokes and save the reader the eye scan time. Also, if the reader has to tell someone else the name of the addendum over the phone, he will want the shortest title that allows him to clearly identify the addendum.

In your document library, of course, you will need a filename or some kind of record keeping that clearly ties each addendum to its owning main document.