RE: AP Writers are the best

Subject: RE: AP Writers are the best
From: "McLauchlan, Kevin" <Kevin -dot- McLauchlan -at- safenet-inc -dot- com>
To: "Michael L. Wyland" <michael -at- sumptionandwyland -dot- com>, "techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 6 Feb 2012 15:45:52 -0500

I read the whole article, wondering what the fuss was about,
and then saw this reply... oh. i see. the headline. oh.

Now, granted the list is mostly USA-ish, but that silence that
followed your revelation - the one in which you could have
heard an embarrassed pin drop... that one - yeah, I think
quite a few American list members were squirming a bit, as
well as us furriners.

Y'see, there's this whole English-speakin' world out here
that... are you ready for this... _doesn't_ tink dat
"trone" is jus' anudder werd fer terlet... if y'unnerstan' what
I'm sayin', heah.

Especially considering the nature and locale of the story,
I'd bet that the headline came from just such a source,
or from a passably worldly American editor or headline
writer.

For the life of me, I can't imagine what would go through
some people's heads if they saw the name of a certain
TV series and video game.... Game of Thrones.

- k ;->

or disclosing it.