RE: WRONG!..... -ish?

Subject: RE: WRONG!..... -ish?
From: "McLauchlan, Kevin" <Kevin -dot- McLauchlan -at- safenet-inc -dot- com>
To: Gene Kim-Eng <techwr -at- genek -dot- com>, "techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 3 Feb 2012 22:42:03 -0500

The covers are like those little plastic sleeves
that formerly protected the pins of serial cables
(am I dating myself just a tad?) and the loose
ends of monitor cables, before you unpacked
and connected.

They cover a couple of connectors on a PCIe card
that would be the connection-points-of-choice
if the card were purchased stand-alone and installed
in a customer's computer/server. But when that
card is pre-installed in a special server product
the needed signals are taken from headers on
the card and directed throughout the server
and to its front panel. The exposed back-panel
connectors are essentially ignored in that
application. If you attempt to use them, you'll
either get no joy at all or get indeterminate or
unreliable results.

So, no warnings, no cautions, just a faint hope
of preventing unnecessary calls to Tech Support.

It was a Tech Support or Sales Eng guy who suggested
the original text (a Brit, if I recall). I'm comfortable
with it, as I'm accustomed to spoken and written English
with some words dropped as "understood". But some
people make a good point about ESL readers, so I'm
leaning toward an edit.

My original question was more along the lines of:
Is it "legal" to drop the "do" as understood in
that situation. But the weight of opinion is that
that doesn't matter in the face of the greater
importance of being understood by ESL readers.

-k

or disclosing it.