Re: Re: Laptop for personal use?

Subject: Re: Re: Laptop for personal use?
From: "Dana Worley (MVP/JB)" <dana -at- campbellsci -dot- com>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2012 08:54:23 -0700

Suzanne,

Go to NVIDIA directly and get an updated driver. I had a similar problem on a Dell desktop -- the screen would go blank several times a day and I'd get a message that the driver "stopped working". Dell was great and sent out a new video card overnight, but that didn't resolve the issue. Finally found a new driver, and all's well. Don't just let Windows search for a new driver -- you'll need to track it down and install it manually, since I believe what I am running is a beta (though I've been running it for a year, so it may be released by now).

I am running Windows 7 64-bit, and I think that was part of the problem.

The new driver has crashed maybe 3 times in a year.

Dana

On 12:59 PM, Suzanne Chiles wrote:

I bought my MacBook Air because I prefer the operating system. They are great pieces of hardware. It's as light as a feather and easy to carry around. There are people, like me, who have grown to hate Windows.

I have a company-issued high-end HP laptop that is causing no end of grief. The NVIDIA Quadro chip is a disaster: the display stops working at least 12 times a day.

Suzanne

--
Campbell Scientific, Inc.

http://www.doctohelp.com