RE: Laptop for personal use?

Subject: RE: Laptop for personal use?
From: "Cardimon, Craig" <ccardimon -at- M-S-G -dot- com>
To: 'Al Geist' <al -dot- geist -at- geistassociates -dot- com>, 'Gene Kim-Eng' <techwr -at- genek -dot- com>, 'James Leatherwood' <JLeatherwood -at- aflac -dot- com>, "'Meryl R. Cohen'" <merylster -at- gmail -dot- com>, 'Craig Cardimon' <craig -dot- cardimon -at- gmail -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 30 Jan 2012 15:46:43 +0000

Acer sounds like it isn't bad.

-----Original Message-----
From: techwr-l-bounces+ccardimon=m-s-g -dot- com -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com [mailto:techwr-l-bounces+ccardimon=m-s-g -dot- com -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com] On Behalf Of Al Geist
Sent: lundi 30 janvier 2012 10:42
To: 'Gene Kim-Eng'; 'James Leatherwood'; 'Meryl R. Cohen'; 'Craig Cardimon'
Cc: 'techwrl'

I have the same opinion of HP products, but not only because of Foxxconn. My HP quad-core (I-7 processor), near-workstation is not worth the money I paid for it and I didn't find out about all the problems with this model until after they started popping up....overheating, can't recognize the DVD drive half the time, absolutely terrible track pad, and the list grows. My wife's inexpensive Acer (I3 processor) can manipulate images as fast as mine, runs far cooler without a fan draining the battery, has never had a problem with the DVD, and has a track pad that works.

Al Geist-Geist Arts, LLC
Fine Art Photography - Exceptional Note Cards
Mobile: 231-301-5770
E-mail: al -at- geistarts -dot- com
Website: www.geistarts.com
Blog: www.gooterschmeltz.com
Facebook: Geist Arts
See Also:
Technical Communication, Help, Documentation Management

"We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used to create them." (Albert Einstein)