Re: Robohelp 9 -- index missing when adding a .chm file to a project

Subject: Re: Robohelp 9 -- index missing when adding a .chm file to a project
From: "William Sherman" <bsherman77 -at- embarqmail -dot- com>
To: <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 25 Jan 2012 17:37:02 -0500

I had similar issues with RoboHelp 7 a few years ago. If you added a file
from an outside source, it would get messed up and maybe compile or maybe
ignore. It didn't want to pull it into the TOC or Index. If you opened and
edited an existing HTML file in something other than RoboHelp, RH would lose
sight of it and not recognize it.

I'm not sure how this will work with the chm files.

What I found was this, if I remember correctly.

1. In worse case scenario, you open a new page in RH and cut and paste your
material in, format it, and then compile. Then redo your Index and TOC.

2. Best case scenario was you could refresh the TOC or Index.

3. Most common was to delete the TOC and Index and let it build it again.

Hope that helps.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Arnold, Ann" <Ann -dot- Arnold -at- kla-tencor -dot- com>