Re: everyday chrome (was RE: Chrome browser crash)

Subject: Re: everyday chrome (was RE: Chrome browser crash)
From: Tony Chung <tonyc -at- tonychung -dot- ca>
To: "McLauchlan, Kevin" <Kevin -dot- McLauchlan -at- safenet-inc -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2012 17:45:44 -0800

On Tue, Jan 24, 2012 at 5:03 PM, McLauchlan, Kevin
<Kevin -dot- McLauchlan -at- safenet-inc -dot- com> wrote:
> Still, it'll give me...a less intrusive/prying
> browsing tool. That could be important to some of our
> customers, who often wear information-security paranoia
> as a badge of honor. In the circles in which they move,
> that's not a fault; it's a virtue.

Iron kicks the llama's ass. No wait that was WinAmp. But still, Iron
is available for most if not all browsers, and it does all that Chrome
does, except send Google information about your whereabouts.

One caveat is that it does not get updated as often as Chrome, so
you'd have to be careful about that. I personally had to work around a
simple JavaScript handling difference between two different
point-versions of Chrome. but those types of problems don't come up
very often.

-Tony

http://www.doctohelp.com