Re: need a word - "don't bury it in the display and make it hard to find"

Subject: Re: need a word - "don't bury it in the display and make it hard to find"
From: Lauren <lauren -at- writeco -dot- net>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2012 14:59:34 -0800

On 1/24/2012 2:48 PM, Monique Semp wrote:

In a Best Practices doc, I want to emphasize that a certain component of the Web page display should not be too far below the fold, not be in a tabbed part of the display, not be in in the general navigation area, etc...

In short, the concept I want is, âmake sure that you make this big enough and in a visible enough area that people donât overlook it!â But Iâd like a less wordy word :-).

Don't bury the lede.

http://www.avwrites.com/?p=15

But the thesaurus and antonym list is failing me. The related words Iâve found (along the lines of: reveal, display, show, highlight, divulge, reveal, flaunt, expose) donât get at the main point Iâm trying to make, which is simply, âmake it easy for people to find.â

emphasize

promote

push

stress